Monday, October 20, 2008

Appendicitis Anyone?

I have joined the Appendectomy Club! Woohoo! Yes, I had to have my silly appendix out last month. Ridiculous, I know -- Didn't I just have a C-Section five months ago??? For those who want the story, here it is.
I had been having stomach cramps for a few days (thought is was gas :)). Then on Sunday (of course) I woke up with aching and pain in my right side. I wondered which side your appendix was on, so I went and looked it up on WebMD and of course, I had all the symptoms. Nate and I debated for a few minutes whether or not to go to Instacare and finally, because of Nate's schedule and stuff, we decided we should probably go in and just have it checked out.
At Instacare I told the Doctor my symptoms and he said, "So, you're the one. Every day we have one person come in with chest pain, and one person with a possible appendicitis." I thought, "Oh, wonderful!"
So he sent us over to AF hospital to get a CT Scan and then, when it was sure I had an appendicitis, they moved me right into surgery and I was home that night by 10:30pm. It was a lovely day, to be sure. The recovery was okay. The first few days stunk, but after that things healed up really quickly.
So, although it is tons of fun, membership fees are horrendous and there are no real perks to being part of the club, except one less body part to worry about!

No comments: